Swimmers from Prince Rupert headed to Prince George on the weekend of November 19 and 20, and came back with some strong performances.
Quinn Basso qualified for AAA Provincials with a 1:19.43 100 Breaststroke and a 2:49.08 200 breaststroke. He also won both 13-14 50 and 200 breaststroke.
Trey Kish won the boys 11-12 silver aggregate and had a new AAA time in 200 back. he also won 11-12 50 backstroke, 200 backstroke, 200 IM, 50 freestyle and 100 backstroke
Amy Leighton qualified for Junior Provincial (AA provincials) with a 1:37.95 100 breaststroke. She won 10 & under girls 200 Free, 200 IM, 50 fly, 100 breaststroke and 50 breaststroke.
Riley Mager (12) won the boys 11-12 bronze aggregate (third in total points scored for 11-12 boys) and finished top 3 in all 8 events.
Liam McChesney won the 10 & under boys 50 backstroke and 50 breaststroke and placed second in other six events. New personal best times in all eight events.
Other swimmers of note included
– Justin Barton, who finished in the top 3 in six of eight events
– Zachary Dolan, who finished 3rd in four events
– Marcus Komadina, who finished 2nd in 15 & over boys 200 Freestyle
Dallin L’Esperance, who finished 3rd in three events
– Justin McChesney, who finished top 3 in three events
– Sarah McChensey, who finished 2nd in 15 & over girls 50 backstroke
– Avery Movold, who finished top 3 in four events