Have you ever wanted to answer the On the Street question, but was never at the right place at the right time to be asked by one of our reporters? Well, here’s your chance.
We’re going to try something new with the streeter question by moving it online and if it takes off, then it will become a regular thing here in the Northern View.
So here’s how it works: we will publish an opinion
question based on the stories in that week’s paper and if you have an answer you can go online and tell us what you think.
We’ll pick our favorite answers and they will appear here in the paper every week.
There will be three ways for you to let your opinion be known:
(1) Go to our facebook page and leave a comment on our wall.
(2) Tweet your response to @Northernview or with the hashtag #PRopinion.
Or, (3) leave your answer in the comments section below.
All answers should be no longer then three or four sentences (space issues). We will also be printing your profile picture and your real name along side your comment.
Feel free to speak your mind, there will be no discriminating against whatever personal ideology you adhere to. But there are a few rules:
(1) No personal attacks. It’s one thing to criticize city’s tax policies but calling councillors “thieves” is quite another.
(2) Nothing that could qualify as hate speech.
(3) No swearing. I know it’s the internet, but if you want to have your comment in the paper best keep it clean.
Other than that, go wild!
THIS WEEK’S QUESTION:
Lax Kw’alaams is hoping that by expanding its fish plant operations it can start attracting back members to the community who moved away to places like Prince Rupert.
Will this work, or is it already working? What else needs to change to convince people to stay in the village?