During the week from September 26th to August 2nd, 2011, Queen Charlotte RCMP responded to 18 calls for service.
Some of these were:
– On September 26th at 11:20 a.m. RCMP responded to a complaint of harassment in the area of Wharf & Oceanview. Police are still investigating
– On September 27 at 10:00 a.m., RCMP received a complaint of a black mustang driving recklessly on Highway 16
– On September 27, at five p.m., RCMP received a complaint of possible drug use in Skidegate Heights.
– On September 28 at five p.m., RCMP assisted in the enforcement of a supreme court order in Miller Creek.
– On September 30 at 8:30 a.m., RCMP responded to a complaint of a disturbance in the 900 block of 3rd ave.
– On September 30 at 6:45 p.m., RCMP attended to the J&T Restaurant for a complaint of a disturbance. An adult male was arrested for breach of a recognizance, breach of probation, uttering threats and obstruct a peace officer. He is currently in custody and appearing in court in Queen Charlotte on October 4.
– On October 2nd at seven a.m., RCMP received a complaint of a break and enter in Skidegate.
– On October 18, representatives from the RCMP recruiting section will be on Haida Gwaii attending the career fair in QCC. They will be conducting an entrance exam that evening. Anyone interested in a career with the RCMP or looking for further information can contact Cpl. Dee STEWART at 604-264-2712.
– On November 5, North District Headquarters of the RCMP is holding a career presentation for anyone interested in a career as a dispatcher. Anyone who may be interested can come to the RCMP detachment in QCC for an information sheet.