On February 26th, 2012, at 2:50 a.m., Queen Charlotte RCMP received a complaint of a motor vehicle accident in the 3600blk of Oceanview Dr.
A vehicle had been driving east on Oceanview when it lost control on ice and went over the bank. The single cab vehicle had 7 occupants and came to a rest on it’s roof in the ocean. All occupants were taken to the hospital for treatment.
An investigation into impaired driving was conducted resulting in the adult driver being issued a driving suspension under the IRP legislation. Several tickets were also issued related to the accident.
During the week from February 27 to March 4th, 2012 Queen Charlotte RCMP responded to 17 call for service. Some of these were:
– On February 29th at 3:35 a.m. Queen Charlotte RCMP attended to the 200blk of Front Street in Skidegate where an intoxicated male was causing a disturbance
– On Feburary 29th at 9:20 a.m., Queen Charlotte RCMP received a complaint of an abandoned vehicle on the highway in Sandspit. The vehicle was removed by the owner.
– On March 1st at 7:30 a.m., Queen Charlotte RCMP received a complaint that someone had started a fire in the garbage cans at the mail kiosk in Skidegate.
– On March 1st at six p.m., Queen Charlotte RCMP received a complaint of theft from vehicle in the 100 blk of Front Street in Skidegate.
– On March 2nd at 10:40 p.m., Queen Charlotte RCMP conducted a curfew check on an Queen Charlotte resident on conditions. The suspect was found in contact with another individual in violation of his condition. Charges are being forwarded.
– On March 2nd at 11 a.m., Queen Charlotte RCMP conducted a curfew check on a Queen Charlotte youth who was on conditions. The suspect was not home in accordance with his court imposed conditions. Charges are being forwarded.
– On March 4th at one a.m., Queen Charlotte RCMP attended to a possible overdose near the cemetery in Queen Charlotte. A local youth was taken to hospital for treatment after purportedly consuming MDMA (Ecstasy) at a beach party.