The mother of a Prince Rupert man who was brutally attacked last week is reaching out for support from the community.
On Nov. 27, Kenneth Haldane, 27, was assaulted by four men early in the morning near Second Avenue West and Seventh Street. Haldane could not identify the attackers and no suspects were located, according to the Prince Rupert RCMP statement.
While he survived, Haldane sustained multiple fractures on his face that require surgery. He is currently in Prince George where he is awaiting surgery for the damage to his face. Shannon Haldane, Kenneth’s mother, said her son’s face requires four metal plates to prevent permanent disfiguring.
Haldane said she hoped her son would find justice, and that anyone who had seen or has any information about the incident would come forward.
“I just really want someone to be held accountable for their actions,” she said. “There must be someone who’s seen or witnessed this.”
Shannon Haldane also took to Facebook where she asked for support to help with the family’s travel and accommodation in Prince George. Kenneth, who is an employee at Save on Foods in Prince Rupert, is currently accompanied by his wife. Haldane said her son was his family’s sole provider.
“I am not sure how long [it will be] until my son will be returning to work as it depends on the surgery and recovery,” she said.
Those wishing to assist the Haldanes can email firstname.lastname@example.org. Those with information about the attack can contact the Prince Rupert RCMP.