The votes are in and the 2023 winners of Rupert Square Mall’s 20th annual Christmas Tree Decorating Contest are:
- In first place, Samantha Beynon’s Grade 4/5 class from Pineridge Elementary
- In second place, Mrs. Rowse’s Grade 3 class from Annunciation School
- In third place, Jamie Aubee’s Pre-K class from Discovery Daycare
“As always, every team of students did a wonderful job bringing Christmas cheer to the mall and we would like to say a special thank you to all the students and teachers who participated in this special holiday tradition!” says Maggie Viviers, On-Site Property Manager at Rupert Square.
The trees will be up for the community to enjoy until the New Year, with classrooms having until Jan. 8 to pick up decorations should they need them back.
With the Christmas trees officially decorated, it’s officially time to start looking forward to the holidays!
“Now that the trees are on display, it’s safe to say Rupert Square Mall has kicked into high-gear for the holiday season. We have our late night shopping starting soon, we’ll also have gift wrappers on site and our Tree of Life on display again as well.” says Viviers.
- Late night holiday shopping: Starting Dec. 15, Rupert Square Mall will be open Monday to Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. The mall will be open on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and closed on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
- Tree of Life: Keep the memory of your loved ones close this holiday season by visiting Rupert Square Mall’s Tree of Life, adding their name to the tree and watching it light up with their memory. The tree is located on the main floor and will be onsite from Dec. 9 to Dec 22.
- Onsite holiday gift wrapping: Holiday gift wrappers will be onsite at Rupert Square Mall to make your holidays a little easier by offering their gift-wrapping skills by donation. Official details, dates and times to be announced.
Follow Rupert Square Mall on Facebook for the latest updates on events and sales.