Prince Rupert swimmers have strong showing in Prince George
Swimmers from Prince Rupert headed to Prince George on the weekend of November 19 and 20, and came back with some strong performances.
Quinn Basso qualified for AAA Provincials with a 1:19.43 100 Breaststroke and a 2:49.08 200 breaststroke. He also won both 13-14 50 and 200 breaststroke.
Trey Kish won the boys 11-12 silver aggregate and had a new AAA time in 200 back. he also won 11-12 50 backstroke, 200 backstroke, 200 IM, 50 freestyle and 100 backstroke
Amy Leighton qualified for Junior Provincial (AA provincials) with a 1:37.95 100 breaststroke. She won 10 & under girls 200 Free, 200 IM, 50 fly, 100 breaststroke and 50 breaststroke.
Riley Mager (12) won the boys 11-12 bronze aggregate (third in total points scored for 11-12 boys) and finished top 3 in all 8 events.
Liam McChesney won the 10 & under boys 50 backstroke and 50 breaststroke and placed second in other six events. New personal best times in all eight events.
Other swimmers of note included
- Justin Barton, who finished in the top 3 in six of eight events
- Zachary Dolan, who finished 3rd in four events
- Marcus Komadina, who finished 2nd in 15 & over boys 200 Freestyle
Dallin L’Esperance, who finished 3rd in three events
- Justin McChesney, who finished top 3 in three events
- Sarah McChensey, who finished 2nd in 15 & over girls 50 backstroke
- Avery Movold, who finished top 3 in four events